Tuesday 26 July 2011

The Struggle of A Soul


You gave me birth
A burden I bear
Not only mine
But also your share

What I take
Is not mine to own
Its only a role I cannot postpone

Don't lie to me
Just tell me the truth
Say a word or two
To push me on a little more
It's harder still; no sight of shore

The onward road
I wish it took me back
To where we played, we prayed, we sat

I look for comfort
I find it nowhere but in the moment
I sit and stare

To you it all seems good I guess
Or maybe not
A tea break from the chess
When you rock I must stay firm
One for us must grip on or else we'll drown

No maybe there is another way
In an old book that they call holy
'Where is your faith?' said someone with authority

I hear that voice, I bury it in
I want to hear it yet again
A struggle with my inner self
I let it out or so I think
Unleashing anguish, anchoring faith,
I'm in between, still holding on
Waiting for you to calm the sea
I now give you authority.

1 comment:

  1. Your on a roll baby.....i think i hv to keep extra keyboards at home :)
    Lovely stuff

    ReplyDelete

Miss an asbtract conversation ??? Thread here ... !

Welcome to 'VenJAce' - No strings Attached ;)