Thursday 28 July 2011

An Ode to my Mentor


There seldom is reason for us to believe,
That the things we want are the things we need;
Yet I wanted all that glittered - so bright and fine
When whom I needed has been here all this time ..

Values now part of me;
Came from his righting my every wrong
His actions make me question mine
He inspires my work, my song ..

His comfort can turn my every loss into gain,
His love brings me a joy my heart can’t contain,
My life has no truth bigger than this -
That what ‘I am’ is because of who ‘he is’ ..

The journey of my life I owe with no regret;
To the hand that helped me take my first step
And if there is one thing in this world I cannot exchange,
It is the gift of a father who’s lives up to the name!

3 comments:

  1. This is an incredible piece! I wish to read it someday in a book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Sonica (Really motivates me that you feel this way) & Jace (thanks as always :D)

    ReplyDelete

Miss an asbtract conversation ??? Thread here ... !

Welcome to 'VenJAce' - No strings Attached ;)