Wednesday 7 April 2021

Price or Prize

What are you thinking about ?

Today I was confounded by a rather pressing thought. 

Having been blessed with fulfilling opportunities to work by means of writing and training projects, I felt overwhelmed thinking about the price involved. i.e., the cost to my client which in turn would be my prize. I kept thinking about what is largely at stake - their money, their investment of time, my reputation etc.

What price am I paying?

The price that I am paying is my time away from my family, the extra hours of work, juggling around to make things happen, investing in new ideas, pushing myself out of my comfort zone.

I guess what makes it worth it is when the price you are willing to pay equates or is lesser than the prize that you will receive. 

I began to measure mine and wondered what to focus on...

Earlier today ...

My son and I placed a bet on a Digi-game of carrom. Whoever lost owed the other Rs.50/-. 

As bizarre as it may sound, I began to get stressed. I focused on the price - had I to lose! and then, I lost!

I realise that when I divert my energies to investing in the thought of cost or price involved, or what's at stake, I waste away. It's really no good for me to do that.

This analysis has helped me take my next best steps clearly - Focus on the task at hand, no matter the price or prize.


Cross or Crown

What do you think Jesus focused on - on his way to Calvary?

Crown or Cross? 

The glory that was to follow ? 

or 

The most brutal suffering he was to bear?


In the book of Genesis , we are given a peek into the nature of God himself. We are made in his image and likeness. Which means, he is a lot more like us than we could imagine. Humanity and divinity together are reflected in his son Jesus.

And so, I would like to believe that the human Jesus too, conquered sin and darkness by focusing on the task at hand.

One day at a time, one step at a time (in his humanity)

with you and me on his mind (in his divinity)

The Last Supper, The Agony, The Betrayal, The Scourging, The Piercing, The Carrying, The Falling, The Getting Up, The Nails, The Thirst, The Handing Over of Mary, The Forgiveness, The Surrender!

I doubt any of these would have been possible if he had got lost thinking about price or prize. 

And now, following his example, neither will I :D


3 comments:

  1. Such a powerful thought price or prize?
    Lots of food for thought.. thank you Venaura

    ReplyDelete

Miss an asbtract conversation ??? Thread here ... !

Welcome to 'VenJAce' - No strings Attached ;)